Monday, May 18, 2009

7 months and counting

Well, I'm now a little over 28 weeks and had my 7 month check up. They will now be coming along every two weeks and then every 1 week the last month. Everything is still fine but I got the results of the glucose test and it was a bit high so I have go in tomorrow for the 3 hour test. I have to take a half day off since I'll be at the office for 3 hours getting 4 blood tests and nothing else so I need to bring a book or something to do. I hope they have free wi-fi. =) I know it's fairly common to get gestational diabetes during pregnancy but that doesn't mean I want to get it. It would probably be a bummer and I don't look forward to testing my blood, although I have no idea if I would have to do that. At least the baby is ok and that's all that matters. The baby is growing well, I may have another Ultrasound to make sure since I was a little big for my weeks along but no word yet. She did say that the weight I've gained has been good so keep it to 11 more lbs to gain. Hopefully that will be ok.
I did have a throwing up episode this Friday at 2 in the morning but I think it was more with what I ate but at least it wasn't as bad as the other one a month ago, I didn't have as many blood vessels break in my face. Tom is still sensitive to how I'm doing and when I groan or breathe hard he's asking "How's it going?" kind of hesitantly. He's so sweet but I assure him these are just normal pregnancy sounds. =) If I need something I'll let him know.
I've now taken 2 prenatal yoga classes which have gone well and signed up the for the birthing, newborn care and breastfeeding classes. So now I'm finalizing getting a doula. I met with one and she was really sweet. I have one more referral so I'll just have to set up a meeting with her. I went through a bunch of baby things this weekend with my sister-in-law so we're getting more things ready. We won't know for sure what we'll need and keep until the baby comes especially since there are still the girl clothes. She wants them passed on to the next Pettijohn so that is so sweet and kind of them. Thanks Marianne! =)
I am feeling pretty well at this time. I do have to start keeping track of the baby movements after I eat, sometimes I miss but so far so good. I even had a dream this weekend that the baby was moving a ton, and either baby was or it was just my imagination since I didn't wake up to confirm. It was just funny. Sorry Sarah that I dreamed you felt the baby. Hopefully the baby will move when you're around.
Also, since we don't know the gender yet and to get another name for the baby besides Baby Pettijohn we are starting to call him/her "B". We heard of a friend who made up a fake name for their baby but we couldn't think of anything so B will have to do. = ) So I'll refer to him/her as B from now on in this blog.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

That sucks about the glucose testing. You know Sarah had gestational diabetes with her last pregnancy, right? She'd be a great resources if you need it. Hopefully you'll get good news.

Glad to hear things are going well for you!

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh, this is going so quickly! If you have gestational diabetes, I have plenty of info to give, but hopefully you don't have it. Might be best to eat as if you do have it in case you develop it a little later (which I hear can happen).

You can test in different areas. You don't have to do your finger tip and you can even do the side of your finger. It's not so bad once you get used to it. I tested 5 times a day. It was more annoying than anything constantly keeping track of when I ate and was it two hours later yet? Also, keeping a food journal was kind of a pain and I confess that I tended to go by memory for 5 days worth of food because I forgot to write it down.

I hope you do OK with the 3 hour. Praying for you! :)

cece'slifethoughts said...

Thanks, I'll let you know how it goes. =)

Kev&Rob said...

I'm praying for you and Tom and baby. Pretty soon you get to meet her/him! Just think: you get to finally meet that wonderful person that you've wondered about for so long. A unique person who'll be a blend of you both and yet, at the same time, a completely unique individual. How GREAT is God?! Wow!

Felicia Klabo Beringer said...

CeCe!
I'm so excited to see you this weekend! Let me know ASAP about the test! I don't know much about it, but let me know.
Looking forward to feeling the baby belly! No expectations of movement, just a little love from Auntie Felicia
xoxo

Beatriz said...

I hope everything goes well. I will be praying for you.
I failed my first glucose test with my first pregnancy too. I really didn't enjoy the 3 hour testing. I am hoping I do better with this pregnancy.

Good luck :)