Thursday, February 26, 2009

the flutter happened at 16 weeks

Just this past Tuesday I felt the baby flutter for the first time. During the weekend I thought I felt something but wasn't sure. Then on either Monday night or Tuesday morning I felt something again when I was laying down, then around 2:30p at work I was in my chair at my desk and felt a flutter on the left side and I said it must be the baby. It was the same flutter kind of like a purring kitten. I went around the office to the other ladies who have kids and they confirmed it. I wanted to go in the studio to tell Tom and Sarah but they were busy. Then finally when I was able to leave I was able to go in and they asked me a question about something I said to Sarah that morning and then I just burst out, "I felt the baby!" Sarah was "What!" Tom was silently stunned I think. = ) Well, they were asking for something to share and this was better then what they were thinking. They shared it on the air at 5pm that day. I heard it just before I went into my haircut appointment. I haven't felt much sense but I think tonight, Thursday, I did. It's very slight.

I called Peter and Felicia and then finally mom who was a work when I tried earlier. she was thinking it might be happen sometime this week. She said she was waiting for this call. = )

Another baby milestone.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Woooo hoooooo!!! :-D That's so much fun when you feel them move. Until they start head butting you in the bladder.

Anonymous said...

yeah I'm not looking forward to the hurting part of the baby moving.

Jessica said...

My kids never hurt me when they were moving. The weirdest part for me was when they got hiccups in utero.

Anonymous said...

Yeah I heard the hiccups are the most intersting and fun. My friend's friend said the baby was hiccuping right before birth and continued to hiccup after she was born. Pretty crazy. Well, I'm glad not everyone gets hurt by the arms and legs of babies in utero.

Anonymous said...

WOW! I am really excited for you. It is so amazing. :-)

Kev&Rob said...

Isn't that just the most wonderful, amazing, awesome experience?!!!