Ok it's official, I am now 20 weeks today and halfway through my pregnancy! Yeah! It seems to have gone pretty slow or at least it's taken just the right amount of time as I'm getting more used to this fact of my life. = ) I went this last weekend with my mom to get maternity outfits and am starting to wear them. Man, Kohl's is the place to shop for maternity stuff, they have a good selection. And everything was on sale. Love that! Mom even pitched in on a few things. Thanks Mom!
I guess a lot has happened since my last post. Gosh, I'm not very good about keeping this updated. Oh well, that's life. = ) Anyway, so we've had our 2nd big ultrasound where they looked at everything to make sure it all looked good. We could find out the sex but we still decided not to. I had the tech write it down on one of our home biz cards- put an X by "It's a boy or It's a girl". Then had her put it in a congratulations baby card and then seal it in an envelope. I thought I would be compelled to peak but nope, I can wait. Tom still thinks we're having a boy and now I think a girl. Well, at least from the ultrasound it looked like girl features but then it could be boy features. What do I know? It looks like a baby. =) I'll have to scan in those pics too. Most that give me thier opinions think it will be a boy. We'll see in 20 weeks!
So the baby has moved more but I still feel mostly flutters but sometimes a bit more pressure and movement. Mostly after eating and in the afternoon and right before bed time. I started sleeping with a pillow and mostly on my left side after noticing that I get a little light headed when I'm on my back without a pillow and not the most comfortable on my right side. Monday I had the worse sleep or lack there of. I woke up so many times. I think I'm still getting used to sleeping with the pillow and conscience when I move and then wake up. So really only sleeping soundly maybe 2-3 hours at a time. I know, I think it is God preparing me but does it already need to start now before the baby is born? Geesh! = )
The pregnancy website suggests that I celebrate somehow being halfway done, new outfit- done, massage- have one coming up soon, a candle- have a ton of those. Well, I think I should take a bath. I haven't used our new bath tub in a while and it will be a good excuse to use it, now to figure out the best time. = )
Oh and I also started a registry but I really have no idea what to register for so what I did is not necessarily the things that I want or need it was just to get the ball rolling. So I'm going to ask my friends who are moms if they have any suggestions.

5 comments:
So exciting!!!!!
I love the sleep sacks. My babies sleep well in them and it's easier to change their many diapers.
I can't speak for other moms, but one thing I used quite a bit of was diapers. Actually (besides diapers) my top five useful items have been:
1) Baby monitor (since we have a 2 story house)
2) Changing table (with the sides raised so a squirming baby/toddler can't roll over during a poo explosion
3) Medela Pump-In-Style breast pump (if you plan to breastfeed)
4) Baby Bjorn or the baby wrap by picarababycarriers.com (The wrap is much more comfortable on my back, it just takes a little longer to get the baby in and out of)
5) My blog! Way better than a baby book, and everyone can share in the milestones!
Way to go, Celeste!!! I agree with Jessica below on the Medela Pump-In-Style. Its not cheap, but if you are using it daily, its worth it. They actually have something called the "Freestyle" and I think thats the one I'm going to get the second time around.
I have a baby sling you can borrow - i'd recommend borrowing one before you spend $$ buying one, because your baby might love it or might hate it.
Another thing that worked well for Joel & I is that we only bought things for the stage we were in. For example, we didn't buy a high-chair until Olivia was 5 months old. She had no need for it until then. That way, you aren't overwhelmed with gear! All you need in the beginning is the basics. Enjoy!
I really agree with the list of things Jessica made. The people planning your showers should try and plan this out as a group gift as some are a little pricey. mom of the mom to be
Hey CeCe,
I'm up late waiting for Michael to get home & I finally am checking in with your blog & there is so much news! I have wanted to call you all last week, but didn't happen. I Love the pic's, but would love to see your baby belly in person! You are showing so much & look great.
Great advice here: I love the sleep sacks too, very nice for the middle of the night stuff...Medela pump in style was what we had, wonderful. Sarah can vouch that it really can be used "on the go"like in between a wedding rehearsal & a rehearsal dinner(yours) in the car..LOL
I also loved the baby bjorn.
Hope we can connect soon, love ya sis,xoxo
Post a Comment