Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Due date come and gone

Well, yes today is the due date, the date I've been waiting for and wondering if I would get to but the dr. said no change on the exam. I was surprised how disappointed I was. Hopefully the baby will be here before my non-stress test and ultrasound on Monday and prenatal on Tues so they don't have to break the membrane and/or schedule me induction, which will be on Aug. 20th, which is my nieces' birthday. That would be cool but I don't want to wait that long. That seems like a long ways away. I want to have a two week old by then, sorry Sophie. =)

Funny how I've been not wanting the baby to come too soon and now that I'm to my due date it's interesting how even though I'm not ready emotionally for the labor and delivery I still will probably feel relieved when I go into labor. Strange how that is. I've been on maternity leave since last Monday which has been great and relaxing as I've slowly gotten things ready. I'm not physically tired of being pregnant I just don't want to be induced, go from nothing to major contractions, ouch! =)

Well, hopefully baby Pettijohn will come by Sunday. = )

This is me at 37 weeks where Uncle Dick took our picture.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm praying for you. :)

Jessica said...

There's nothing more stressful, scary, boring, slow and nerve-wracking than hitting your due date and waiting for your first baby to join the family!

cece'slifethoughts said...

that's exactly how I feel Jess. = ) I know most first time moms are late but that's doesn't make it easier. =) Well, I know baby will come just when. the other factor is that my dr. is out of town next week so that's another reason why I want to have the baby before she leaves. Of course the back up dr. will be just fine it's just I'm used to my dr. Again another control issue of mine. =)

Steph G said...

Man. I remember counting every small contraction i would have HOPING they would come. You'll be ready. The woman's body is an amazing thing. And everything always has a way of falling into place. Good luck!

Beatriz said...

Celeste I am so excited for you. I listen to Tom and Sarah every afternoon waiting for the news. I am praying for you.

PS
Cute picture

Kev&Rob said...

Dearest Baby Pettijohn
If you want to be born on August 15th, Kevin & Robin's 23rd Wedding Anniversary it is ok with us.
Just thought you'd want to know.
Love,
Sarah's Mom Robin
PS Please give your Mommy easy labor pains, ok? Thanks baby. We are looking forward to meeting you and giving you some kisses!