Wednesday, January 28, 2009

2nd trimester officially has started

Ok I'm 13 weeks today and officially in my second trimester. Well for the last several weeks I'm starting to feel better but not 100%. But I did feel like I could go back to the gym and starting just on Monday and hope to go today too- M-W-F is the plan. I haven't slept very well and usually wake up for the first time around 4-430a and then try to go back to sleep. But on Monday I woke up at 4:24a and said to myself that I was thinking about going in the morning since I have a bit more energy so I thought what the heck, 5am class here I come. When I was leaving and said good-bye to Tom and told him where I was going, he said "The gym, what the gym?!" Yup, I'm going to try it again. Well, off I went and got there just in time. I do a circuit training class - mix of weights and cardio and ab work in the beginning. I decided I didn't need to prove anything and just took it really easy. I forgot my heart rate monitor and borrowed the one from the- I need to keep my heart rate at least under 160 and try for 140. Well, even at half the weight I was doing 1.5 months ago (it's been that long since I've gone) I got my heart rate up and even doing 10 guy push ups (I usually do 15) my heart rate was up to 163. So no need to go crazy I'm doing girl push ups now and only 5. =) Kind of a nice break. I know I just need to get moving and try to keep my abs and back strong for the labor (I hear that's a good thing and may help- we'll see). But it was nice to be there. I was tired during the day and my community group meeting Monday night I tried not to close my eyes- no luck but hey, I'm prego- it's usual to be tired, right? = )

Well, I set the alarm this morning for 4:30a which was a mistake- I woke up at 3:30a this time in anticipation of my alarm and couldn't go back to sleep. So I decided to skip the morning and see how it goes for the 5pm class tonight. Hopefully I won't be too tired at that time. I think Friday I'll set the alarm for my normal 7a and then if I wake up early I'll go and if not I'll go after work. We'll see how this routine goes and which one works. Although for waking up so early I need to go to bed early too which is hard since I've usually had something go on each evening. Well, it's a process, we'll see.

Other than hopefully feeling better soon- I'm still uncomfortable in the evening before bed- bloated etc. I thought I'm supposed to get a break from that for a bit, we'll see.

Tom got our camera working again so I hope to have more pics to post in the near future.

6 comments:

Felicia Klabo Beringer said...

Love ya Celeste!

Jessica said...

Okay, I'm here now!

Anonymous said...

Hi Celeste,
I am a long time listener of spirit 105.3. I just found your blog. I am really excited for you and Tom. CONGRATULATIONS!
I am also pregnant with my second child. I can't wait to get to my second trimester. I just want to feel better.
Thanks for sharing your baby journey with us.
Beatriz

Sarah Taylor said...

More posts!more posts!

Jessica said...

Celeste,

If you wait any longer to post again, you're going to be in your third trimester.

cece'slifethoughts said...

I know, I'm a bit slow on the posting. I'm no blogger like Jessica, Sarah L and Sarah Taylor but thanks for the grace. hee hee! I just posted two so there. hee hee! Thanks for following my friends.