Saturday, October 17, 2009

2 months old

Ok maybe I'm a little slow on the upkeep of this blog but I'll do my best. Maybe I'll just have time right now just to upload a bunch of pictures to show what's been happening. Here's a snapshot of the last month of activities in Anneleigh's life in no particular order.
At Cindy Bower's b-day party
These next four were taken at one month in a photo shoot my mom and I did with Annaleigh. Mom brought white sheets and we set up the living room like a studio. Over 2ish hours, a feeding and a diaper change we got over 100 pictures and many of them looked really good, here's a sampling. Funny thing about this "professional" photo shoot is that I got one of the pictures printed at Walgreens and the staff person asked for a copyright release since they thought it was a professional picture. I had to prove to them that I took the picture on my camera. That was so funny. Thanks to my husband I guess we have a really good camera and/or I need to go in the photography business. hee hee (probably not)


Taking a walk with Marianne and Ali around Greenlake. That was a long walk and I realized I was still recovering from the c-section since I was really tired after that.
Auntie Anne and Uncle Bill came to visit.
Annaleigh one month old.
Our first visit to Greenlake one Sunday. We first went out to get Starbucks and decided to take a walk. We went a little part of Greenlake and then headed back and ended up setting up "camp" here looking out over the lake for a feeding (covered up of course but it was amazing how simple it was to do this in public), diaper change and just rest. It was so great. All you need is diapers, a change of clothes and food (me). Pretty simple. Annaleigh was pretty happy just laying back without a diaper on for a while, free.
Annaleigh's intro party and cousin Linda's cabana. Many friends and family stopped by. Cousin Beth from Moses Lake, Sarah and her 3 sons, John and April, Graham, cousin Shelley. Felicia and Linda hosted. Michael cooked the meat. Sophie and Lucas of course had a great time in the pool along with Sarah's boys.

Our first (2 weeks) dr. visit. I think that was the one where we had the PKU test. Annaleigh did pretty good. She was 7 lbs 2.5 oz at this one and grew 1 inch.
Annaleigh's 1st bath at home. Sink just like at the hospital thanks to the remodel.
Our first walk around the block in the Moby wrap. She was asleep the whole time. It was great to get out and about.
1st visit to the station, 2 weeks old. Only able to get out here since mom came. Still couldn't carry more than her, even though I was holding the carrier in this picture. I wasn't supposed too. That evening I was really tired and sore. Probably a bit much on my body but it was sure great seeing everyone.
Grandpa (Papa) 1st diaper change. He's an expert though.
Grandma (Maba) and me in our first outing with Annaleigh after we got home. It's in our backyard. =)
3 generations.
Grandma Carol's first visit with Annaleigh. She was enamored with her grandma.
Back to church after 3 weeks. This was in the nursing room. I was back helping in hospitality so I was there for both services and stayed in this room between duties. Mom came to help too and held her while I was busy.
1st date night after Annaleigh's birth. Tom & I went to the Dahlia lounge and were back by 9:30p. Maba and Papa took care of Annaleigh. We could have stayed longer, no rush back according to Maba but I was very tired. We had an early reservation at 630p so we had a nice 2 hour dinner and took a meandering drive coming home. It was nice.
Papa's first bottle while we were on that date. She was fine.
Tom's 1st bottle feeding. She's good about taking bottles (started around 3 weeks). She wasn't at first but then got used to it.
Little sailor on a walk in the Bjorn with daddy. too cute.

At 6ish weeks we introduced the play gym. She can focus now and interacts with the hanging toys. She's fascinated. It's amazing.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

(Choir singing) Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Ha-lay-loo-yah!

Just kidding. But I am so glad you updated. She's I'd the cutest thing! And you and Tom are amazing parents. Please update again soon so I can keep you off my slacker blogger list!

Sarah said...

Yay! So great to read about how you guys are doing. :)

cece'slifethoughts said...

thanks Jessica. =) I'll have to download the ones I took at the choir reunion and post them.